The statistics are sadly very real. Around 80% of Network Marketers don’t call prospects. It’s documented. So if you are calling leads – you are way ahead of the game. Did you know that across the industry – less than 5% in any company you look at are making more than $5000 per month? Another documented fact (feel free to carry out your own research on this). It’s interesting when you look at the fact that around 4% of the population make 96% of the money and around 3% of people that are considered “successful” actually have goals that are written down. Success well and truly leaves clues.
So I’m hearing you say “Get to the point Fiona – how do I double my income in the next 30 days”. And that’s what most people involved in Network Marketing are screaming all the time. They want to earn more money. But it’s so much more than that. If you are focussed purely on the lack of money, guess what? You’re going to attract more of the same. You get what you focus on. So if lack of money is your main mantra – I’m sorry but lack of money is what will continue into your reality. So let’s go through a quick 5 step checklist on how to double your money in the next 30 days.
1. Well the obvious one is get your head straight. What do I mean by that? You have to have goals that are S.M.A.R.T. goals – specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely. Obviously setting a goal to make $1 Million in the next 30 days from scratch in your MLM business is clearly not realistic nor achievable. At the very foundation of S.M.A.R.T. goal setting is a powerful why. Making $1000 is not a powerful why, but if the $1000 will pay your car payment this month to save your car from being repossessed, then that is a powerful reason to make that $1000. I hope you get my drift.
2. The second one here is equally obvious – double your current productivity. If you have ads running on 5 sites, then run ads on 10 sites. If you are talking to 5 people daily – talk to 10. Now I’m not at all good at Maths – but if you double your output, then the results will equally double. If you are making $100 fairly regularly, then simply double whatever you are doing to make that $100 and fairly quickly it will be $200. Network Marketing is a fairly easy industry to achieve this too. A lot of effort is expended in the beginning, but once you have consistent effort which creates momentum, the residual side of things will start to happen relatively quickly.
3. Thirdly, you absolutely have to believe that it will happen for you. If you set about running through the motions truly feeling in every bone of your body that it won’t work out for you then it won’t. Henry Ford said “whether you can or can’t – either way, you are right.” And he is spot on. All results and outcomes are a mirror or whatever it is that you believe. And if you think this is airy fairy – try it out for 30 days and prove me wrong!
4. Make a consistent committed effort. It’s mad to simply double your efforts every day for the first week and then put your feet up for a few days thinking you’ve earned yourself a break. The universe will reward that laziness believe me! Once you make a decision then you need to follow it through. Decide on what you are going to do and stick to it until the results you want come to you.
5. Lastly and most importantly enjoy the process and have fun with it. If you don’t, people will smell your negativity miles away. Act like you’re the CEO of a multi-billion dollar corporation and you are on a mission. Don’t think that Bill Gates and Donald Trump don’t totally love what they do and believe in what they are doing. Of course they do. And their passion is richly rewarded. People are naturally attracted to people who love what they do, are positive, happy, optimistic and having fun. Don’t get on the phone with the attitude that it’s a chore. Be grateful you have this awesome, amazing opportunity to share with others that could potentially transform not only their lives, but the lives of those they touch – their team, customers, families and communities. Because that is exactly what you are doing and you never know – that next person you talk to could have a huge impact.
I hope these five points help. It sounds ridiculously simple because it is! People overcomplicate stuff and wonder why things don’t work out the way they want them to. It’s not because things are overly complicated – it’s because people make them that way. Network Marketing is simple business, but it’s not easy. Let’s face it – if it were easy, everyone would be doing it. And thank goodness for that. Treat this opportunity that you have as the gold mind that it is. It will take quite a bit of work to find that gold, but the rewards are worth it in not only what you get, but the person you become and what you in turn give.
Copyright 2012-2017 On Topic Media PTY LTD. ABN 18113479226. mobile version
Subscribe to the Business Boss email newsletter and learn about running a small business. You will find lots of useful tips and articles which will not only save you time and money, but also your sanity.